Galatians Reading (#17)
Take a few minutes to catch up and pray that God would bless you through the reading of His word.
Read Galatians 5:22-26
[5:22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
- What are the fruit of the Spirit (v 22-23)?
- What comment does Paul make about these fruit (v 23)?
- What have those who belong to Christ Jesus done (v 24)?
- What should we do if we live by the Spirit (v 25)?
- What should we not become (v 26)? What would it look like if we did become that (v 26)?
- Take a moment and define/explain each of the fruit of the Spirit.
- Why does Paul say, “against such things there is no law”? (hint: remember the significance of the law in Galatians)
- Why are these things the “fruit” of the Spirit (as opposed to calling them the “works” of the Spirit like the “works of the flesh)? What does that word picture teach us about the way the Spirit produces these things in us?
- What does it mean that we have “crucified the flesh with its passions and desires”?
- Is that something that we do, or that God does for us?
- Is it something that is done once, or is it a recurring event?
- How is it connected to the fact that we “belong to Christ Jesus”?
- What does it mean to “live by the Spirit”? Is that something that all Christians do, or something that we ought to do (but could conceivably not do)?
- How do we “keep in step with the Spirit”?
- Why does Paul specifically mention that we should avoid the sins in v 26? How are they related to the things that have come before?
- As you look at the fruit of the Spirit in Paul’s list, which can you say (with thankfulness!) that you’ve seen the Spirit particularly produce in your life?
- Which would you like to see become even more prevalent in your life?
- How might you work to see more of the Spirit’s fruit in your life?
- How can you walk in step with the Spirit this week?
Share prayer requests and pray for each other.